blog-keeping and catch-up. December 2, 2009Posted by Katie in shoptalk.
1 comment so far
So! A very happy fun announcement, catch-up, everything but the kitchen sink post!
- I won NaNoWriMo for the eighth go-round. This was the closest I’ve come to not winning — I crossed 50k just ten minutes ahead of the deadline. I had to bribe myself using Maureen Johnson and John Green YouTube videos to write the last 3k in the last hour.
- Today, I’m guest-blogging over at Book Blather, Drea’s blog. She’s celebrating her blogoversary and the holidays by having guest posts for most of the month. You can read my blog post here.
- Karin from Karin’s Book Nook just got back from NCTE and ALAN (two awesome conference for teachers and librarians alike), and somehow managed to snag a copy of “Linger” by Maggie Stiefvater. But lucky for us, Karin’s sharing in a contest to win an autographed copy of Linger!
- I’m going to sign up for The Story Siren‘s 2010 Debut Author Challenge, so I need to do that.
- Mandy and I need to actually give away those awesome Sweet Valley High books.
- Commenting on IMM posts from this week.
- Um, actually posting a review.
Okay, seems like a much smaller list that I originally thought, but I’m sure it’s going to take the majority of my day. And my lunch break will not be enough to get this done, so expect many posts in the next few days for catch-up.
Thanks for sticking around, even throughout the craziness of NaNo. 😀
friday morning surprises & catch-up! October 16, 2009Posted by Katie in shoptalk.
Tags: dewey's 24 readathon, nanowrimo
1 comment so far
Today, I’m being featured as a Fresh Face over at The Story Siren! I’m so excited. (And I’m in such good company!) Thanks everyone for popping over here, although I know I missed a bunch of you already.
My morning has been crazy (we had 50 second graders visiting the library — yesterday we had another 50!), but I’m on lunch now so I can do a quick post.
Wanted to talk about a few of the things coming up on the blog and in my life. Things are about to get crazy here.
For starters, next weekend I will be participating in Dewey’s 24-Hour-Readathon. I am so excited for this event and challenge and I can’t wait to spend an entire day devoted to reading and blogging. I have no idea what I’ll be reading during the Readathon. When I did the 48-Hour-Readathon, I wound up throwing out my whole plan midway through the weekend and running to Borders to get a fresh book. Who knows what will happen this time! Hopefully I’ll be able to store up enough reviews to get me through November because…
I am also participating in NaNoWriMo. This will be my eighth year — I’ve done this since I was a teen! This year I had a lot of good company. I have, of course, my friends from years past (shout-out to y’all here!). But I also have a new group of NaNo people in authors (Maureen Johnson and John Green, guys!) and bloggers.
Anna of Book Nerds let me know that Emilee of Penultimate Page is running a ning group for authors and bloggers working on NaNo this year. I immediately jumped in. (And you should too, if you’re participating. Let Emilee know you’re interested to get an invite!)
So…things are about to get crazy over here and I am so excited about it!