bloggiesta: day two! January 9, 2010Posted by Katie in community.
For those of you keeping track, here’s an updated list of what I’m still trying to accomplish.
Make a Blogaversary button and link it up in the sidebar. Update my challenges section. I have four challenges I haven’t updated over there and a couple of posts to link up. Awards — several of you fabulous people have passed on blogger awards to me and I absolutely fail at putting them up/acknowledging that I’ve received them. I’ll fix that.
- Information about “Where I Read.”
- Need to update my sidebar buttons.
- Cross-posting reviews to Goodreads, LibraryThing, and Amazon.com.
- Creating book review templates for all of the books that I’ve read, but don’t have templates for.
- Doing my monthly round-ups for September, October, November, and December. I’ve been lax about these!
Going back through my ARC reviews and linking up my library catalog if they received the book by now.
- Making a Twitter button.
Moving my blogroll to its own page; making sure links are still correct and working;double-checking Bloglines vs. blogroll to add/delete bloggers.
- Schedule posts for as often as I can.
Update my lists on Twitter/clean out followers for spambots.[Used great tool TwitBlock available here.]
- Run my 2009 statistics & make post. Make reading goals.
Get a better subscribe link right up front in the blog.
- Make a “my posts elsewhere” area to link where I’ve guest blogger, interviewed, and what weeks I’ve participated in.
- Double check my publication dates area for accuracy. Add any other reads I’ve wishlist-ed on Goodreads.
- Make a “contact me” page with email, links to social networking tools, etc.
- Clean up tags.
- Update my Debut Author Challenge reading list.
Mini-Challenges from 2009>Yep, all twelve of them. It was a TON of fun, but a lot of work. I’m so glad I did it.
- Mini-Challenges from 2010.
- Business card.
- Join more challenges and link them up as well. (This was so not planned…)
- Clean up categories vs. tags.
(I’ve completed ones shown strike-through, and bolded ones are items I added during Bloggiesta.)
Hours Ten through Twenty-Two 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. with a break for dinner.
Need to update my sidebar buttons. Doing my monthly round-ups for September, October, November, and December. I’ve been lax about these! Making a Twitter button. Clean up tags. Mini-Challenges from 2010. Clean up categories vs. tags.
It doesn’t look like a lot just on the list there, but it’s a ridiculous amount of work to literally go through every entry on your blog three times over! I’m so excited to be done with this and to have my blog in tip-top shape.
Once again, I’ll be posting updates to this entry (which doesn’t show up properly in feed readers…you only get the original post, folks), or you can live follow the party on Twitter at @katietweetsya!
Going to bed now. I’ll see you tomorrow!