bloggiesta (take two)! December 26, 2009Posted by Katie in shoptalk.
[For those who are new to Bloggiesta, you can find a wonderful information post here at Maw Books Blog. Or the quick summary: it’s a ton of bloggers working to make their blog better while in good company.]
And now, I present a half-thought-out list of things I intend to do during that weekend:
- Make a Blogaversary button and link it up in the sidebar.
- Update my challenges section. I have four challenges I haven’t updated over there and a couple of posts to link up.
- Awards — several of you fabulous people have passed on blogger awards to me and I absolutely fail at putting them up/acknowledging that I’ve received them. I’ll fix that.
- Information about “Where I Read.”
- Need to update my sidebar buttons.
- Cross-posting reviews to Goodreads, LibraryThing, and Amazon.com.
- Creating book review templates for all of the books that I’ve read, but don’t have templates for.
- Doing my monthly round-ups for September, October, November, and December. I’ve been lax about these!
- Going back through my ARC reviews and linking up my library catalog if they received the book by now.
- Making a Twitter button.
- Moving my blogroll to its own page; making sure links are still correct and working; double-checking Bloglines vs. blogroll to add/delete bloggers.
- Schedule posts for as often as I can.
- Update my lists on Twitter/clean out followers for spambots.
- Run my 2009 statistics & make post. Make reading goals.
- Get a better subscribe link right up in the blog.
- Make a “my posts elsewhere” area to link where I’ve guest blogger, interviewed, and what weeks I’ve participated in.
- Double check my publication dates area for accuracy. Add any other reads I’ve wishlist-ed on Goodreads.
- Make a “contact me” page with email, links to social networking tools, etc.
- Clean up tags.
- Update my Debut Author Challenge reading list.
And that’s only off the top of my head! I can’t imagine what the list will look like after I start jumping into challenges…
Make sure to sign up if you’d like to participate! Or mark the weekend down if you want to cheer me on! (Because I’ll need it!)